Did Valentine’s Day have you feeling all loved up? If it did, or if you still need a little inspiration to get in the loving mood, this might be a cute little book to share with those on your love list.
This is a beautiful rhyming story about all the forms in which love can show itself:
‘Love is a book and a warm milk mug,
And makes the rainy days all snug.
Love is big and wide and ocean deep.
It’s even there when you’re asleep.’
Why I love it:
This book brings back gorgeous, warm memories of when my children were younger and I would read them stories like this, each night. Now they want to do all the reading and they have reading homework and targets to meet, so the days of a sweet little story like this one, are behind us.
Maybe I’ll grab them on my lap one cold afternoon and read this one to them – they’re never too old, really!
Themes to discuss with your child:
- Expressing emotions
- Love languages
Questions to ask your child:
- What do you think this book might be about?
- Do you think this is a fiction book (a story) or a non-fiction book (facts)?
- Is this a book you want to read? Why/why not?
- What does ‘love’ mean to you?
- What do you think the relationship is between the two bears on this cover?
- How do you think they feel about each other? How can you tell?
- Who do you like to cuddle?
- Did you enjoy this story? Why/why not?
- What was your favourite page in the story? Why?
- How do you think you show love?
- What is your favourite way to be shown love?
- Which page of the book do you think it would be fun to recreate?
- Why is it important to tell and show people we love them?
Never miss a freebie!
Like a little brilliance in your inbox?
Sign up here to receive a free weekly planner printable.
(That's just the start of the free goodies - our subscribers are the first to receive our brilliant activity ideas for fun family time!)