Last week we gave you a list of our favourite movies and television shows to binge on; this week we thought we would give you a playlist – the 21 songs that are currently getting me through lunch and dinner preparations.
I always have music playing at home and particularly when I have some kind of chore to get through. For me, the biggest daily chore is the food prep – I just don’t love it – so having music on at the same time, really gets me through.
So, with this list, put on an apron, pour yourself a glass of wine (or boil the kettle if you’re getting organised early) and potter around the kitchen with a bit more of a swagger and the occasional (or not-so-occasional) sing along.
My taste is a little eclectic – but whose isn’t? Trust me and you may find some new favourites!
Our current 21
- Cold Little Heart – Michael Kiwanuka
- River – Leon Bridges
- That’s What’s Up – Lennon and Maisy
- Be Okay – Oh Honey
- Middle Ground – Mark Wilkinson
- I Won’t Give Up – Lennon and Maisy
- Tiny Little Piece of My Heart – Bic Runga
- Outstretched Hands – Ruby Amanfu
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Only Living Boy in New York – Simon and Garfunkel
- El Condor Pasa – Simon and Garfunkel
- Baby Don’t You Cry – Quincy Coleman and Andrew Hollander
- Jackson – Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash
- Tomorrow Versus Yesterday – The Lucksmiths
- Yesterday’s Gone – Bernard Fanning
- A Little Time – The Beautiful South
- Come On Home – Cyndi Lauper
- Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall
- Creepin’ In – Norah Jones with Dolly Parton
- Stay Alive – Jose Gonzalez
- Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys
Never miss a freebie!
Like a little brilliance in your inbox?
Sign up here to receive a free weekly planner printable.
(That's just the start of the free goodies - our subscribers are the first to receive our brilliant activity ideas for fun family time!)