We thought we might squeeze in one more Christmas book – it is Boxing Day, after all!
Santa-Claws is a bumbling dino-Santa who doesn’t quite get things right on Christmas Eve. There’s a fair amount of breakage, some unfortunate eating and some unwanted poo and drool. Oh dear… Luckily, Santa arrives in time to get things back on track!
Why I love it:
This is a light-hearted, fun picture book, with just enough illustrations of poo to get your kids laughing! We’ve left this one till after Christmas Eve, as we didn’t want to traumatise the children with worries of Santa-Claws wrecking everything!
This would be a fun book to read in the aftermath of the day, when you’re not quite ready to let go of that Christmas bug. It’s also a good book for discussing the need to learn from our mistakes and accept responsibility.
Themes/ideas to discuss with your child:
- Christmas Eve
- Making mistakes and learning from them
- Accepting responsibility
Questions to ask your child:
- What do you think this book might be about?
- Do you think this is a fiction book (a story) or a non-fiction book (facts)?
- Is this a book you want to read? Why/why not?
- What kind of animal is Santa-Claws?
- Why do you think he’s called Santa-Claws?
- Do you think everything goes smoothly for Santa-Claws, or do you think there are some problems? What makes you think this?
- Did you enjoy this book? Why/why not?
- Do you think Santa-Claws meant to wreck everything?
- How do you think he felt when he realised what he had done?
- How would you feel if you Santa-Claws came to your house?
- What do you think Santa-Claws will do next year?
Join the newsletter
Like a little brilliance in your inbox?
Sign up here to receive a weekly update from us.